Soooooo I’ve been looking for a great banana bread recipe ever since we got married and started accumulating these ripe bananas.
I’ve tried a ton of different recipes and NOTHING tastes as great as this one!
Let me know if you try it out!
Rofkahr Cinnamon Crumb Top Banana Bread
2 ripe mashed bananas
1/2 cup milk
1 tablespoon of vinegar
1 cup sugar
1 stick butter, at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
4 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mash bananas thoroughly in a separate bowl. Make sure there are no large chunks, as that can mess up the cooking process. Set aside.
2. Place the milk and vinegar in a small bowl, gentle stir it and set aside. (this is a substitute for buttermilk)
3. In a separate bowl: beat the egg, sugar, butter, and vanilla until it is smooth. Next, mix in buttermilk substitute (milk/vinegar mixture) and the mashed bananas.
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients. Spray the bottom of your loaf pan and pour your mixture in.
5. Next, combine all the ingredients of the crumb topping together. Slowly spread the mixture over the top of the batter until covered. Then, bake for 45-55 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
- Baking in a glass loaf pan helps the bread retain moisture.
- Make sure your bananas are completely smashed and smooth.
- Bake until the center of the bread comes out clean – under-cooking banana bread causes it to be mushy.